Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster
Focused on the Fundamentals
At Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster that means we know what our clients want and how to achieve it. We’re one of Boston’s leading full - service law firms, with over 100 years of experience representing business, institutional and individual clients. But we know that clients define a successful result as more than what happens in the courtroom or at the negotiating table. For each of our lawyers, the fundamentals of success include providing personal service unencumbered by bureaucracy and hierarchy. . . offering sound, sophisticated advice at a fair price . . . and adhering to the highest ethical standards. Whether we are advising start-up companies, securing permits for large-scale development projects or creating succession plans for closely held businesses, Rackemann's lawyers have one fundamental goal – focusing on the unique needs of each client.
Providing an unparalleled level of personal service is fundamental to the way we practice law. Partners work closely with clients, aided by skilled and dedicated associates and support personnel. Our breadth of experience and streamlined approach to staffing allow us to provide our clients with innovative advice at a fair price. Central to our legal practice is a significant investment in technology which allows us to efficiently conduct research, share documents with clients and provide effective and timely communication. We provide the expertise and resources of a much larger firm while giving our clients the individual attention and value that are fundamental to Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster.
We take pride in serving a variety of regional, national and international clients, including entrepreneurs, start-up companies, closely held and publicly traded companies, partnerships, not-for-profit organizations, and individuals. Among our significant representations are:
- Leading financial services firms
- Major corporations
- Non-profit organizations, and
- Public sector clients
Such diversity means our lawyers combine senior level counseling abilities with a breadth of experience that enables us to develop creative solutions for clients of virtually any size and focus. And every client can fully rely on the integrity of the advice we provide.
Members of our firm have collectively compiled an impressive record of professional accomplishment. We have been recognized by our peers for Martindale-Hubbell’s highest professional rating, and for selection in The Best Lawyers in America. Our lawyers have been leaders in professional associations (including two former presidents of the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, and a past president of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel), adjunct law school professors, and authors and editors of standard texts in their fields. A number of our firm members have held executive positions in business organizations, enhancing their ability to understand client needs and concerns. The lawyers of Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster have won precedent-setting cases, facilitated transactions valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars, and advised on the development of laws and regulations. Such capabilities mean that every client matter we handle receives the capable representation that it deserves, from lawyers whose legal skill, business understanding and ethical standards are second to none.
As a full- service law firm, Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster has developed in-depth capabilities served by five primary practice groups. Lawyers who practice in each of these focus areas work in close collaboration with colleagues throughout the firm to develop the best multi-disciplinary strategies to serve client needs.
- Business: We assist for-profit and not-for-profit entities of all sizes with their operational and transactional needs, with special focus in such areas as employee benefits, employment law, insurance, tax and technology.
- Family Law: Our firm has an extensive family law practice, representing clients in divorce and modification proceedings, contempt hearings, paternity actions, guardianships and negotiation and drafting of pre-nuptial agreements.
- Litigation: Business, non-profit, governmental and individual clients seek Rackemann litigators to resolve business and personal disputes involving finance, insurance, environmental, real estate, bankruptcy, employment and commercial law.
- Real Estate: More than 120 years after our founding as a real estate firm, Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster lawyers provide a full range of transactional services in the areas of real estate finance, acquisition and development, leasing, dispute resolution, and title and conveyancing. We have helped commercial, industrial, governmental and individual clients with permitting, development and compliance needs, particularly emphasizing wetlands development and hazardous waste management.
- Trusts & Estates: Our lawyers are committed to helping successful individuals, families and small businesses manage and protect their accumulated assets through effective tax, investment estate and personal planning strategies.