Rackemann’s M&A lawyers regularly represent acquirers, targets, financial advisors and other parties in transactions ranging from small, privately negotiated transfers of shares or assets to acquisitions involving large, public companies. Members of our M&A team have represented clients in a broad range of matters relating to public and private stock and asset acquisitions and sales, negotiated mergers and rollups involving multiple parties. We have also handled leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, management buyouts, acquisitions and dispositions of private equity portfolio companies, takeover defenses, transactions involving the purchase or disposition of assets by ESOPs and joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Over the years, we have helped a wide range of clients and industry sectors, including:
- Strategic and financial buyers
- Independent business sellers
- Private equity groups
- Management groups and equity rollover participants in management buyouts and other public to private transactions
- Target company boards of directors
- Portfolio companies of investment funds, in the negotiation of the investment transactions and in post-investment corporate governance and commercial matters
Our M&A team has the support of a full-service firm, comprising experienced lawyers in tax, finance, real estate, environmental and other areas of the law that affect deals.