David W. Eppley Highlights
Rackemann Attorney Inaugurated as Salem City Councilor read more>>
Boston University School of Law
- J. D., 2000, Honors in Concentration in Litigation/ADR
- Albers Moot Court Director
Ball State University
- B.A., cum laude, 1995
- History and Secondary Education
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U. S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
David concentrates his practice in family law, gay and lesbian family issues, and probate litigation, handling cases at the trial and appellate levels, and negotiating equitable settlements outside of court.
Mr. Eppley joined the firm in 2006 after working for four years as an associate at Witmer, Karp, Warner & Ryan LLP, a boutique family law firm in Boston.
Following law school graduation, David served two years as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Probate & Family Court.
David represents high net-worth individuals facing complex family issues, including:
- prenuptial and relationship agreements
- asset division involving expert valuations of closely held businesses, real estate, and retirement assets
- alimony and child support involving imputation of income
- child custody issues involving mental health professionals and Guardians ad litem
- the burgeoning and complicated area of gay and lesbian family law issues, including partnership breakups, same-sex divorce, and de facto parent claims
- Parties with capacity issues
Aside from his family law cases, David also maintains a probate litigation practice. In this practice, David has been appointed by the Massachusetts Probate & Family Court in special fiduciary capacities as Commissioner for Sale of Real Estate, Guardian ad litem, Special Discovery Master, and Successor Administrator.
- Councilor, Salem City Council, 2013-present
- Joint Bar Alimony Task Force, Member, 2007-present
- Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair, 2006-08, Family Law Section, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, 2008-Present
- Massachusetts Lesbian Gay Bar Association, Co-Chair, 2008-Present, Board Member 2004-Present
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Co-Author, Divorce Law Practice Manual, Chapter 8 Division of Estate, MCLE, 2nd Edition, 2008
- Various CLE programs regarding college education expenses as well as public presentations regarding family law specifically affecting gays and lesbians.
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2007-2011)