Boston University School of Law
• LL.M. in Taxation, 2010
• Pro Bono Pledge award
Suffolk University Law School
• J.D., 2007
• Dean’s List 2005-2006, 2006-2007
Miami University (Oxford, Ohio)
• B.A. in English Literature, Minor in Medieval Studies, 1989
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Liza concentrates her law practice in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, trust administration and related tax matters.
Prior to joining firm in July 2010, Liza worked at another Boston law firm in the personal client services group. She also has an extensive background in financial services including working for global custodian banks in Boston and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
• Co-chair of social events for the Trusts & Estates Consortium, a group of over 150 young estate planning professionals in the Boston area.
• Vice President of the Animal Law Practice Group of the Massachusetts Bar Association. Liza’s work for this group has included giving testimony before the Judiciary Committee of the Massachusetts legislature and working with several senators and representatives to help pass a pet trust bill. The bill became law in early 2011.
• Member of the Boston Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Group.
• Member of the Boston Estate Planning Council and has previously served on the Estate Planner of the Year Dinner Committee.
Community Service Activities
• Currently a volunteer for Community Servings’ annual Thanksgiving pie sales to raise money to provide meals for people with terminal illnesses who are poor or housebound.
• Previously has volunteered for the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA) and the Women’s Lunch Place, a day shelter in Back Bay that provides meals and other services to homeless or poor women.
• MASSACHUSETTS BAR ASSOCIATION – SECTION REVIEW VOL. II, NO. I, 2009
Eyster v. Pechenik – A Miranda warning for prenuptial agreements?
• TRUSTS & ESTATES CONSORTIUM
Presentation on estate planning for pets and pet trusts – March 2010
• BOSTON BAR ASSOCIATION
Panel member for estate planning for pets and pet trusts – Schedule for April 2011