Angel’s practice focuses on real estate and corporate matters. She represents developers, lenders, borrowers, corporate entities, property management companies, property owners and tenants in all aspects of lending and financing, conveyancing, leasing, title insurance, and property tax abatements.
Angel also represents condominium associations and unit owners with condominium creation and conversion, preparation and amendment of condominium documents, ownership turnover, property management agreements, fee disputes, insurance claims, disputes among unit owners, and trustees’ obligations.
Angel has also litigated contract and lease breaches, summary process actions and Chapter 93A claims in various divisions of the Massachusetts District Court, Superior Court and Housing Court.
Prior to joining Rackemman, Angel was a managing partner at Feldman & Kozeli, P.C. She also worked at a major international law firm and served as counsel at a real estate law firm.
Angel has also been active in pro bono matters by serving as a panel attorney for Volunteer Lawyers Project and Medical Legal Partnership-Boston.
Honors & Awards
- Women in Real Estate, New England Real Estate Journal (September 2018)
- Honoree, Top Women in Law, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (July 2017)
- Honoree, Most Valuable Partner, Volunteer Lawyers Project (February 2010)
- Jurisprudence Award for Secured Transactions, Suffolk University Law School (2005)
- Distinguished Oral Advocate, Suffolk University Law School (2004)
- Distinguished Brief, Suffolk University Law School (2004)
- Albanian (native), Italian, Spanish, German, French
- Representation of private investor group in multiple multimillion-dollar acquisitions.
- Representation of developer in a multiuse, office, retail, 40B housing and senior community living 150-acre development.
- Representation of developer in acquisition and refinancing of three industrial commercial sites.
- Representation of developer in multiple-lender financing of office, retail and hotel development.
- Representation of owner in multi-million-dollar sale of medical practice complex and renegotiation of pre-sale office leases.
- Representation of owner of large apartment complex, shopping center and office building at the Boards of Assessors and Appellate Tax Board.
- Representation of many commercial tenants in retail and office leases.
- Co-Chair, Condominium Law and Practice Section, Real Estate Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Albanian-American Bar Association
Publications & Talks
- Co-Presenter, “Condominium Parking Spaces: Thorny Issues,” Real Estate Bar Association, April 2018
- Author, “Chapter 527 – Check Before You Convert!”, REBA News, April 2018
- Author, “Mass. Bill Would Shift Too Much Control to Condo Boards,” Law360, June 2018
- Co-Author, “Condominiums and Adaptive Reuse,” REBA News, March 2018
- Co-Presenter, “The Caveats of Conveying Occupied Real Estate,” Massachusetts Bar Association, February 2018
- Co-Author, “Property Taxes and Abatements,” REBA News, January 2018
- Co-Author, “Condominium Issues in the 21st Century,” REBA News, December 2017
- Co-Author, “Property Taxes and Abatements,” New England Real Estate Journal, November 2017
- Co-Author, “Chapter 183 – The Condominium Statute,” New England Real Estate Journal, October 2017
- Co-Author, “Phasing Rights,” New England Real Estate Journal, July 2017
- Co-Presenter, “The New Marijuana Law: Impacts on the Landlord-Tenant Law,” Massachusetts Bar Association, June 2017
- Co-Author, Chapter 6, Legal Aspects of Commercial Condominiums, Massachusetts Condominium Law, MCLE Inc., (May 2017)
- Co-Author, “The Condominium Form of Ownership as a Financing Tool,” REBA News, March 2017
- Co-Author, “Tax Abatements for Problematic Properties in the New Year,” New England Real Estate Journal, January 2017
- Co-Author, “A Guide to Researching the Albanian Legal System,” GlobaLex, NYU Law School, (2019, 2015, 2013)