David Friedman represents clients in all aspects of probate and family law, including cases before probate and family courts across Massachusetts. In addition, he has successfully argued appeals before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
David represents individuals in complex divorce and family law disputes, such as:
- Alimony and child support
- Asset division
- Child custody and parenting plans
- Modification and contempt actions
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Paternity actions
- Domestic relations related appeals
David has been appointed by Massachusetts courts as a discovery master and as guardian for incapacitated persons relative to domestic relations matters.
David also represents individuals, trustees, personal representatives and beneficiaries in probate disputes, including will contests, breach of fiduciary duty claim, removal actions, contested accounts, petitions for instruction and reformation and interpretation actions.
David joined the firm in 2010 after working for five years at a boutique probate and family law firm in the Boston area. Prior to that, David was a member of the Suffolk Law Family Advocacy Clinic, where he served the legal interests of indigent clients who are victims of abuse.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Family Law 2019-2020.
- “Up and Coming Lawyer,” Excellence in the Law, named by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in 2013-2018, recognized by Super Lawyers and Boston Magazine.
- Boston Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-Chair
- Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court, Founding Member
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators, Member
- Trained Conciliator, Essex Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- First District Eastern Middlesex Bar Association, Officer/Director (2005-2010)
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Faculty
- Panelist on Divorce Law Basics
- Panelist on Accounting for Family Lawyers
- Panelist on Evidentiary Issues in Family Court Practice and Procedure
- Panelist on Temporary Orders and Discovery in Family Law Cases
- Panelist on Trial Preparation & Techniques in Divorce Cases
- Suffolk University Law School Career Insight Series, Panelist
Publications & Talks
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis Practice Guide: Massachusetts Family Law, Chapter 12, Agreements
- Co-Author, Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual, Chapter 8, Division of Estate
- Co-Author, Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual, Chapter 20, Modification
- Speaker at Boston Bar Association program “Divorce Law Fundamentals: The Financial Statement & Supplemental Rule 410,” December 11, 2018
- Speaker at Boston Bar Association program “Senior Associates Forum,” December 6, 2018