Ellen Harrington is a highly-regarded Boston lawyer concentrating her practice on the administration of trusts and estates and in estate planning. She has years of experience helping professional and family executors and trustees with sophisticated administration, tax and probate issues.
Ellen currently serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and chairs Rackemann’s Trusts and Estates Department.
Prior to joining Rackemann, Ellen was in private practice with the law firm of Condit & Associates, P.C., in the trusts and estates area. After graduation from law school, she was a Trust Officer at The First National Bank of Boston (now Bank of America).
Community Service Activities
She is currently serving on the boards of Greater Boston Legal Services and the Howard Benevolent Society.
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, selected in 2015 and 2017-2020
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, by Super Lawyers and Boston Magazine, recognized 2006, 2007, 2013-2014, 2016-2018
- DistinguishedSM Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, its peer rating for high professional achievement and high ethical standing
- Extensive experience in administering estates of both Massachusetts residents and non-residents, including, in particular, representing the personal representatives in probate court proceedings and the preparation of estate, gift and income tax returns
- Represents trustees in probate court proceedings for resignation and appointment of successor trustees and account allowance proceedings, including working with guardian ad litems and advising trustees on such matters as exercising discretionary distribution powers
- Serves as a personal representative and trustee, upon the client’s request
- Trusts and Estates Section of the Boston Bar Association, member
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
Publications & Talks
- Basic Estate Planning Program, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, chair; continues to serve as one of the speakers on the program