Heidi Seely is a trusts and estate lawyer, representing families and individuals in estate planning, estate administration, tax planning, trust administration and other trusts and estate needs.
Heidi joined the Trusts and Estates Department of Rackemann in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, Heidi was an Associate at Pratt, Bator & Popov, and worked closely with the private trustee office of Nichols & Pratt.
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer – Rising Star 2015-2018. Boston Magazine/Law & Politics Magazine
- Boston Bar Association – Co-Chair of the Practice Fundamentals Committee of the Trusts & Estates Section. Active member of the Tax Law Updates, Recent Developments, and Communications committees.
- Boston Trusts & Estates Consortium – member
- Boston Estate Planning Council – member
Publications & Talks
- The Boston Trustee – The Lives, Laws and Legacy of a vital institution. Thomas E. Bator and Heidi A. Seely (2015)
- “Trusts for Minors”, part of Drafting Irrevocable Trusts in Massachusetts, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (2013)
- Comment – Evans v. Akers, 534 F.3d 65 (1st Cir. 2008), 42 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 409 (2009)
- Comment – O’Connor v. Redstone, 896 N.E.2d 595 (Mass. 2008), 43 Suffolk U. L. Rev 519 (2010)
Heidi is an avid cook, reader, outdoor enthusiast, gardener, and bike rider. When not practicing law, you can find her chasing after her two young children, enjoying her husband’s homebrewed craft beer, or hiking somewhere in beautiful New England.