Download “A Lender’s Guide to Massachusetts Foreclosures” (PDF)
Jon Hayden concentrates his practice in the area of real estate law representing commercial mortgage lenders in connection with loans for properties located throughout the United States.
Jon joined Rackemann as an associate in 2015. Prior to that, he was an associate with a Boston commercial litigation and real estate firm.
After law school, Jon served four years on active duty as a Captain in the U.S. Army JAG Corps, serving as a criminal prosecutor for the 18th Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, N.C., and as an administrative law and legal assistance attorney for the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Honors and Awards
Jon received the Army Commendation Medal twice and the Army Achievement Medal while serving in the U.S. Army.
- Boston Bar Association Military and Veterans Forum Co-Chair, October 2016-2018
- Veterans Legal Services, member, Board of Directors; a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation providing legal support to homeless and low-income veterans in Greater Boston
- Boston Bar Association, Public Service Oversight Committee Member, September 2015-2017
- Boston Bar Association Litigation Section, Public Service Chair September 2014-2015
- Member of the Real Estate Finance Association
- Making the Case for Expanded Drone Regulation Authority, July 11, 2018, Unmanned Aerial
- Viewpoint: Drone policies must consider private property rights, June 22, 2018, Boston Business Journal
- Newton Drone Ordinance Struck Down, but Significant Questions Remain, January 30, 2018, Massachusetts Land Use Monitor
- Supreme Judicial Court Voids Condominium Bylaw as Against Public Policy, January 22, 2018, Massachusetts Land Use Monitor
- SJC Explains that Municipalities May Prohibit Construction of Heliports on Private Property, January 17, 2018, Massachusetts Land Use Monitor
- Pending SJC Case Could Change Condominium Litigation in Massachusetts, November 28, 2017, Massachusetts Land Use Monitor
- Co-author, “A Lender’s Guide to Massachusetts Foreclosures,” July 2018
- Co-Author of the article “Condo Developers Must Understand Building Defect Claims” published in Law360, March 22, 2018
After completing four years on the Georgetown University Swim Team, Jon graduated with two school records. He still enjoys swimming, along with golfing, skiing, and running. He has completed three marathons and regularly competes in road races and triathlons.