Katherine practices in the area of Trust and Estates, representing individuals and families in protecting and preserving their wealth through multiple generations with practical and sophisticated estate planning techniques. She also represents individuals and corporations in trust and estate administration.
Katherine joined the first in November 2018. Prior to joining Rackemann, she was a Trust and Estates intern Wellesley-based firm Clarkin & Phillips, P.C. Katherine served as a compliance intern at Boston-based firm Berkshire Group L.L.C. in 2017 and worked as a summer research assistant at BC Law and part-time File Clerk at Boston-based firm Shapiro Haber & Urmy LLP in 2016. During law school, she was a member of the Trust and Estates Consortium and participated in the Business Law Society as well as the Women’s Law Center.
- Created documents for clients including warranty of deeds, durable power of attorney, healthcare proxy, and HIPAA release form.
- Created a compliance department procedures manual for the AIFMD reporting process.
- Prepared and submitted quarterly XML format reports to EU nations under ESMA’s AIFMD law.
- Prepared and submitted quarterly lobbying reports to the California Secretary of State for Berkshire’s registered representatives.
- Prepared and submitted the 2016-2017 California lobbying session registration renewal material.
- Member of the Boston Bar Association