Lauren practices in the area of litigation. She conducts all stages of litigation including initiation, discovery, trial preparation and appeals. Additionally, she regularly advises on a wide range of issues that arise in the context of land use, eminent domain, local legislation, elections, public records requests, open meetings, conflicts of interest, trustee process, bankruptcy, licensing and contracts.
Lauren joined the firm in October 2018. Prior to joining Rackemann, she was an associate with Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane, LLP. Lauren served as the City Solicitor for Attleboro and Town Counsel for the Town of Hanover from 2016-2018. During law school, she was a managing editor of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal and was also a legal intern for the Massachusetts Attorney General and the DeKalb County Public Defender. Prior to law school, Lauren was a litigation paralegal at Hill & Barlow and Goulston & Storrs.
Honors & Awards
- Citizens Schools Legal Apprenticeship
- Public Safety Service Award
- Argued and won case at the Supreme Judicial Court regarding the extension of deadlines under the Wetlands Protection Act and establishing standard of review for Enforcement Orders.
- Handled and won multiple cases at the Appeals Court including case in which the Appeals Court upheld a tuition award against a student who did not have residency in the district while attending the public school and a case in which the Appeals Court upheld the zoning decision of a local board.
- Member of the Women’s Bar Association
- Associate Member of the Hingham Zoning Board of Appeals