Nancy O’Donnell helps her clients with divorce, family law litigation, child custody, contempt and modification proceedings. She also prepares antenuptial and relationship agreements for high net-worth individuals.
Nancy has nearly 30 years of experience handling cases at the trial and appellate levels in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts. She is often privately appointed by other attorneys to arbitrate, conciliate and mediate divorce cases involving alimony, child support and the division of complex property comprising businesses, real estate, family partnerships, professional practices or other assets.
Nancy joined Rackemann in 2006 after heading the Family Law Department of Perkins, Smith & Cohen LLP for many years.
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer (2004-2005; 2010-2014, 2016-2018)
- DistinguishedSM Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, its peer rating for high professional achievement and high ethical standing
Nancy represents high net-worth individuals in varied complex family law issues, such as:
- Antenuptial and relationship agreements
- Divorce, including:
- Child custody
- Alimony and child support
- Asset division including closely held businesses, commercial and residential real estate, family partnerships, medical and dental practices
- Modification actions
- Contempt actions
Nancy has been appointed by the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court as Guardian ad litem, Discovery Master and Arbitrator.
- Former Hearings Officer, Board of Bar Overseers
- Boston Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Family Law Section
Publications & Talks
- Various Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education programs regarding family law
- Divorce Law, Chair: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Massachusetts Divorce Law Manual, co-author, Chapter 8, “Division of Estate”