As a trial lawyer, Stacie focuses her practice on complex business, commercial, environmental, and real estate disputes. She regularly represents individuals, real estate developers and owners, and other businesses facing difficult claims in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts. In addition, Stacie represents clients before City and Town Planning Boards and Zoning Board of Appeals.
Stacie provides clients with a diverse and extensive skillset and previous professional experience in the legal, economic development and non-profit management fields. Prior to joining Rackemann, Stacie was an associate at Adler, Pollock & Sheehan. Before that, she worked as a law clerk at a civil litigation firm in Massachusetts and interned for the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau, where she was the primary client contact and representative in housing, family law, and social security benefits matters.
Before law school, Stacie was a project manager for several economic development programs in the United States and Haiti, 1998 to 2004. She has extensive experience working with governments, international organizations and private donors to create and implement various projects including development programs focused on micro-credit lending, education, and child welfare. In addition, Stacie was a paralegal at a law firm specializing in business immigration.
Honors and Awards
- Named an “Up & Coming Lawyer” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- Massachusetts Rising Star, named in 2012-2018 by the publishers of Super Lawyers, recognizing her as an outstanding young attorney in the Boston legal community
Senior Associate, in matters involving:
- Representation of a real estate developer/owner in a construction dispute with a general contractor involving delay and construction defects resulting in breach of contract, breach of covenant of good faith, and fair dealing and negligence claims.
- Bench trial in a dispute over the sale of a business where the purchaser alleged that he had been misled about revenues during the due diligence phase. Prevailed, with the client awarded damages, legal fees, interest and the return of certain equipment.
- Prosecution of breach of contract of fiduciary claims in multiple jurisdictions resulting from a corporate dissolution and shareholder dispute, including parallel actions in the Cayman Islands and India.
- Defense of a construction company and snow removal contractor in a negligence and breach of contract matter. The matter was settled for 3% of the original demand amount.
- Defense of a general contractor in a complex construction matter concerning a catastrophic personal injury case with numerous parties. The matter was favorably settled through multiparty mediation.
- Advising non-profit start up in corporate governance and corporate formation matters; incorporated and registered as a public charity in the State of New York; registered with the appropriate branches of the Attorney General and Secretary of State in Massachusetts; successfully assisted clients in qualifying for federal tax exemption and continue to provide ongoing advice and counsel.
- Boston Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Hope on a String Inc., Board Member
Publications & Talks
- Supreme Judicial Court’s (SJC) decision in Grand Manor Condominium vs. City of Lowell, Real Estate Bar Association’s (REBA) Condominium Law & Practice and Environmental Law Sections joint open meeting, March 7, 2018
- “State of Uncertainty: Citizenship, Statelessness and Discrimination in the Dominican Republic,” author, Boston College International and Comparative Law Review (Spring 2009)
- Amicus brief, Researcher/Contributor, submitted in support of the trustee-appellant’s position in In re Peeslee v. GMAC, LLC. on appeal to United States Court of Appeals in 2nd, 4th, and 10th Circuits.