Our environmental lawyers represent developers, businesses, lenders, and investors. We assist clients in managing environmental risk in a number of ways including:
- Real estate and corporate due diligence, assessment of remedial options and associated costs, timing and regulatory approvals.
- Guidance on regulatory compliance in a wide variety of areas, such as CERCLA (federal Superfund), Chapter 91 Waterways, Chapter 21E Waste Site Cleanup, Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, Lead Renovation Rule, to name a few.
- Defense of clients in enforcement actions brought by federal, state and local regulators.
- Assistance with Brownfields redevelopment of federal superfund sites, as well as state Chapter 21E sites, and including environmental insurance.
- Recovery of remediation response costs and environmental property damages.
- Counseled parties performing the long-term remediation and redevelopment of the Industri-Plex Superfund Site in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- Advised large national apartment building owner on Lead Renovation Rule.
- Represented regional asphalt production and paving company in a Federal Clean Water Act enforcement action.
- Managed environmental due diligence for the acquisition of a chemical company by a private equity firm.
- Defended shopping center owner in a Title V septic system enforcement action brought by a local municipality.
- Successfully represented many clients in obtaining Orders of Conditions and Superseding Orders of Conditions under the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act.
- Represented owner of Norwood, MA asphalt manufacturing facility in Chapter 21E cost recovery and property damage action against prior owners of site.
- Recovered significant Chapter 21E remediation response costs on behalf of a condominium association.
- Handled successful SJC appeal on Chapter 21E property damage statute of limitations claims.